Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Great Refrigerator Roundup


When we arrived here our electrical meter was spinning like a top. It turns out there was an ancient refrigerator and a slightly less ancient deep freeze in the basement sucking up those precious watts.

I followed the advise of 247reno and called the Great Refrigerator Round Up to come take them away. They showed up and hauled them away and there were only two small hitches...

1) there was some type of drip tray on the bottom of the fridge, so when they tipped it up it got nasty water all over the place
2) after they were gone I couldn't find my jigsaw that I had left in the basement in its carrying case...

So I guess I have learned my lesson, don't trust people who work for free...
Anyways now our meter has slowed to a lazy crawl and the basement smells slightly better so I suppose it was worth it.

No comments: